I finished it yay! I tried it on and realized I couldn’t zip myself into on my own, so the shoulders fit funny since it wasn’t closed all the way in the back. Also the petticoat is way too small. I kind of thought I could get away with it but I can’t, so tonight I’ll make a quilted petticoat.
I also made a day cap out of left over materials. It’s based off of a design from the 1850’s when the dress is from the late 30’s, but that can be our secret.
Made from five yards of printed linen, the bodice is fully lined with muslin, and it zips up the back for convenience. The garment was sewn and drafted by me.
Total time: 28 hours, four days from start to finish. Total Cost: $36
Most of the time was spend hand sewing, and gathering. Dress fabric was $35, trims on the cap and muslin were a gift, and the zipper was $1.